The 2-4-1 tooling system for TRUMPF machines is made up of quick-change punches with a replaceable punch tip insert. The punch tip insert costs less than a standard punch and can be made from Wilson Tool’s proprietary Ultima® tool steel which has been shown to last up to 2x longer between grindings than standard steel. These enhancements ensure that optimal life and durability are placed where the tool needs it most – in the tip. The 2-4-1 system is also designed to keep unnecessary costs at bay, as you only need to replace the punch insert when it wears down, not the whole punch.
The 2-4-1 system punches are ideally matched with GL dies.
The 2-4-1 system includes:
1. system punch holders
2. 2-4-1 system punches (tips)
Features of the 2-4-1 system:
1. Grind life on punches is 6mm, which is equal to twice that of a standard tool
2. Tooling is compatible with Trumpf®, Pullmax®, Boschert®, Euromac, and Haco punch presses
3. Keyed punches load directly into the press to eliminate setting errors
4. Optional push-on urethane stripper for positive stripping, minimal sheet marking, and less
noise that is machined to the exact shape of the punch
5. Magnetic ID pad for easy identification
6. Draw bolt retaining ring to lock the draw bolt and washer in place.